Volume II Issue I
Saturday, August 7 2010
7 - 9 PM
Please RSVP to rsvp at theartstreetjournal dot com
5795 Washington Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
Vol II, Issue I of The Art Street Journal is now out!
This improved and expanded edition of the journal is printed on more archival paper stock, features four interior color pages and at 24 pages in total, is the longest, most comprehensive issue of tasj to date.
There will be an issue release party at Carmichael Gallery on Saturday, August 7th, from 7-9pm. Come for a drink, pick up your free copy of the journal, and check out all the great shows opening in Culver City that night.
If you can't make it to the party, sign up to recieve your free copy in the mail http://www.theartstreetjournal.com
Please spread the word and read on to find out what's in this issue!
The Art Street Journal (tasj) is an international art publication mailed and distributed free of charge from our base in Los Angeles, California to homes, museums, galleries, cafes, bookshops, schools and other locations around the world.
Vol II, Issue I includes:
- Cover pages by Boogie and M-City
- NEW Calendar of International Shows and Events
- Interviews with Boogie and Escif
- Features on Viva La Revolucion at MCASD, Ian Francis at Lazarides, M-City at Carmichael Gallery, Wangechi Mutu at The Art Gallery of Ontario, 108 at Fame Festival, Ben Eine's Strangest Week and EuroTrash at Lazarides, Beverly Hills.
- Reviews of Charming Baker in New York, Jean-Michel Basquiat at Fondation Beyeler, Yoshitomo Nara at Tomio Koyama Gallery, Nina Pandolfo at Galeria Leme, Hush at The Shooting Gallery, Ai Yamaguchi at Mizuma Art Gallery, Guy Denning at Brooklynite Gallery, SHRED at Perry Rubenstein Gallery, Herbert Baglione at Iguapop Gallery, Ericailcane at POPUP! Festival, Dan Witz at DFN Gallery, William Kentridge at Jeu de Paume, Marlene Dumas at Fundacao Serralves, Marcel Dzama at Musee d'art contemporain de Montreal and Simon Birch's conceptual circus in Hong Kong.
- Auction Report: Christie's, Sotheby's and Phillips de Pury Spring Sales in New York and London
- Art Fair Coverage: Art Rotterdam, The Armory Show, Hong Kong International Art Fair and Art Basel
- Our monthly Unurth.com curated street art photo page - newly expanded to a two page spread
- The tasj bookshelf page, featuring the best in art books, magazines and other publications
Contact us if you would like to be a distributor or advertiser at info at theartstreetjournal dot com