Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eelus News ++ Vader Project, Print News & Brooklynite Show



The Vader Project Not Everything Is So Black & White Attack of the 50ft Twat

THE VADER PROJECT //

Hello all!
A few years ago I was asked to customise a replica Darth Vader helmet to be included in a show called The Vader Project. 100 helmets, 100 artists and a show that has travelled around the world since it started. If you haven't seen the amazing amount of work that has gone into some of these pieces, you can see them all at The Vader Project Flickr page.
On July 10th, all the pieces will be up for auction at Freeman's Auction House in Philadelphia, so if you think you may wanna splash out then click here for more details. The full e-catalogue can be seenonline here.
I've managed to get my hands on 4 copies of the catalogue that has been printed to sell alongside the auction. Retailing at $40, the catalogue features full colour photos of every single helmet from every angle as well as bio's on each artist involved. If you'd like to win a copy of the catalogue signed by me then head over to my blog Freak Show now to answer the multiple choice question. Easy.

NOT EVERYTHING IS SO BLACK & WHITE //

I know a lot of you are still waiting very patiently for this print to drop and I promise it is on it's way. It's a complex 20 colour print and with lots of other things going on, the production has taken longer than expected. As soon as they're ready I'll send a mail out letting you all know exactly when they'll be up on the site and ready to buy. Until then, sit tight and keep that cash to one side. The print will be an edition of 120 for £210 and there will also be a VERY limited hand finished version. I'm afraid I can't reserve prints for people, it's going to be a first come, first served deal.

PLANET PATROL SUMMER GROUP SHOW //

The guys over at Planet Patrol are putting on a sweet little summer group show that previews on Thursday 8th July at 6pm. Featuring work by Peter Taylor, Sal, Matt Stuart and some never previously unreleased hand finished prints by myself, looks like it'll be a good show. Check their website for full details.

LOST PARADISE SHOW AT BROOKLYNITE //

September 4th sees the opening of my next show Lost Paradise at Brooklynite Gallery in NYC. I'll be taking over the space alongside stencil master C215 and between the 2 of us we'll have lots of brand new paintings available as well as a print edition or 2. More info on that nearer the time